University / Presentation

The Technical University of Cluj-Napoca is one of the eight higher education institutions in Cluj-Napoca, the second in size, according to the number of students it has. Its main activity lies in educating and training engineers and technical staff. The university was established in 1948 and was accredited by The National Council of Academic Evaluation and Accreditation. The university has eight faculties and a college in its structure, where more than 600 academic staff and more than 12,000 students carry out their activity. The choice of courses in various engineering specialties ranges from mechanical and manufacturing engineering to electrical engineering, telecommunications, computer science and control engineering, from civil engineering to architecture and materials science. The specific equipment for teaching and research purposes, the training and research laboratories, the modern computer networks and libraries with many volumes constitute the support of the educational and scientific activities.

The university staff and management aim at developing their activity according to the European standards in the field, by continuously improving and updating curricula, by implementing distance learning, by using up-to-date methods and by restructuring the educational process.

The research fields of interest cover mainly engineering and technical topics and inter- or pluri-disciplinary ones as well.

Dynamic in character and action, The Technical University of Cluj-Napoca has also committed itself to the international spirit of our time. By means of the permanent involvement in European programmes with various international, European, regional or local partners, our university stands among those academic institutions that are able to attract the interest of the academic community and to integrate in joint activities.





















Technical University of Cluj-Napoca
Str. Constantin Daicoviciu nr 15, 400020 Cluj - Napoca, Romania
phone +4 0264 401 200, 401248, phone/fax +4 0264 592 055

The Rector's Message | History | International Relations | Organization | Phone Numbers | Map | Contact